Where there is a will there is a way

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Little drops of change

As I go about my daily life - just such an insignificant person in the midst of a huge world, I do notice that everywhere I go, the topic of the environment always arises - mostly because I don't take plastic bags. Or it comes up when I do something differently at the till grocery shopping, such as put reusable containers of meat through instead of plastic wrapped parcels, or when I am at the meat counter trying to explain why I want my meat put directly into reusable containers.

Although seemingly insignificant, each little interchange is like a drop of water, adding to the whole. And all the little interchanges of every person communicating concern for the environment, each day, in each place they go to - contribute to making the only change possible in the battle to preserve the health of our environment: our collective awareness(and resulting social stigmas for certain destructive behaviours).

No comments: