Where there is a will there is a way

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Fair Trade Warriors - All Good bananas in New Zealand)



Fair Trade Warriors! (Get 'em while they're young.)

In NZ, the only certified Fair Trade bananas are All Good Bananas! I live North of Auckland, and buy mine at the New World in Orewa, or the Fruit World in Silverdale.

Update October 2012: Pak'N Save in Albany didn't sell them.  I tried to talk to the produce manager (Al) but he basically walked away from me halfway through my question, muttering something under his breath about their cost.  But I didn't give up - I had the idea to make a public post on the Pak'N Save Facebok page about it.  I knew, from working in the AUT's student movement office who were operating and responding to students on their Facebook page that a marketing team would notice every comment of this new medium.  My hunch worked.  After a comment or two - they started selling them!  Coincidence? 

No comments: