Where there is a will there is a way

Monday, May 23, 2011

Conservation Biologist in "Discovery Channel People" video clip ("Between Kingdoms" by Bryan Little, Fly in the Wall Productions)



This is the most beautiful message. Something I have also always felt. Right about from the 45 second mark on is a divine message.

"Most people probably don't consciously feel claustrophobic.
Not being able to see the horizon is something that most people think is normal.
When I was young, I used to collect tadpoles in the family bathtub.
But then I also chh? to be a monkey and marry my dog.
What is a city, if not an attempt to exclude nature?
How is it that a spider in a home is seen as a pest, rather than a killer of pests?
I see nature fighting to find a balance
in the cracks in the walls and holes in a now developed world.
That's the difference I guess. Nature fights for balance.
And humans fight for excess and consumption.
We most certainly have lost a part of our souls in this developed world.
I wake up, in my little house, surrounded by buildings, cars, people, and the sounds of sirens, I struggle to see the sky out of my bedroom window.
Humans convincingly control the planet, and I think it's time that we realize that with a power comes responsibility.
Nature will win in the end. In the meantime, I am a fan of the underdog. My name is Ian Tchagra Little, and I am a conservation biologist."

October 26, 2011: I was just sent this clip by Tangerine Lullaby, a version posted by the person who made it, Bryan Little, Fly on the Wall productions! He is in Cape Town, South Africa.

Here is the link on Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IW3m5BnTmqQ&feature=player_embedded


Click here for an earlier post about this clip.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is the most beautiful message I have ever heard! I feel so lucky and greatful to live in rural New Zealand where I am surrounded by so much beautiful nature. As much as I do enjoy some of the perks of technology and the modern world, I try keep a balance by getting amongst nature.

Every day when I'm driving in my car I admire the unique clouds that hang above us, and quite often my partner and I lie under the stars and just marvel at their mysterious beauty. Nothing can start or end the day better than a stunning sunrise or sunset.

<3

Nonavee Dale said...

It really touches a chord, doesn't it?