Where there is a will there is a way

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

This is my garden.

Hello, imaginary friends! This is my potential garden space. I have been feeling the gardening vibe ever since learning how to worm farm. That sense of the richness in the soil... And experimenting in the land at our first rental place, which was by a forest. But now, after having a shared yard, where I couldn't dig anything up randomly, I have been giving a "ready, set, garden" home, with raised plant beds in the back, and a storage cupboard for storing later jars of preserves. No, I don't have any idea of what I am doing, but I did grow up in a veggie gardening family (albeit on the other side of the Earth, in Canada). But my instincts are pretty strong. I spent a day clearing the place out, and this is what my garden looks like.


The area to the right by the compost bin is just not really soil yet. I am going to have to hack it up with a pick, and introduce alot of biological matter (dead stuff).


The other night, I did buy alot of seedlings and plant the beds which were ready. In the approaching dark, with my little girl already planting the carrots randomly in a circle around her, there was no time to read up on which plants should neighbour which plants. I just had to follow my senses, and will learn from my mistakes for next time. But the moon was full, and I think that it was a great planting time. Rain began to fall, my husband thought I was crazy to still be out in the dark and mud. And so it begins...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Good on ya, girl! Edible gardens are my speciality! If you have any questions or need any help, let me know.

Ruby in the Dust said...

looks great, can't wait to see it for real :)

Nonavee Dale said...

Thanks Tamara! I do need to learn alot. I am going to start with my gardening book (Xanthe White's book) and I am sure I will have questions.